Regents’ Outstanding Teaching Awards
About the Awards
Established by the Board of Regents in 2008, the Regents’ Outstanding Teaching Awards complement a wide range of System-wide efforts that underscore the Board’s commitment to ensuring the UT System is a place of intellectual exploration and discovery, educational excellence and unparalleled opportunity. With a monetary award of $25,000, the Regents’ Outstanding Teaching Awards are among the largest in the nation for rewarding outstanding faculty performance. Given the depth and breadth of talent across the UT System, the awards program is likewise one of the nation’s most competitive. As of 2021, a total of 15 awards across both health and academic institutions are distributed annually by UT System
UT System Regents’ Outstanding Teaching Awards Website
Deadline to UT Austin Provost’s Office
The deadline to submit nominations to EVPP is Friday, March 10, 2023.
Number of Nominations
Each college may submit one tenured/tenure track nominee and one non-tenure-track nominee. Nominees may teach at the undergraduate or graduate level, including faculty supporting professional degree programs (i.e., J.D., M.D., M.Arch, etc.).
Eligible nominees must be in good standing with the university.
- The ROTA program will focus on a commitment to teaching and delivering excellence to the learning experience through outstanding teaching including effectiveness, innovation, and creativity.
- Potential indicators of excellence in teaching include, but are not limited to, the demonstrated enhancement of student learning through:
- Pursuing effectiveness, innovation, and creativity in the classroom, clinic, or setting in which teaching and learning take place.
- Demonstrating the use of strategies that actively engage the learner.
- Creating opportunities for experiential learning.
- Using technology effectively.
- Adapting teaching methods to improve teaching and learning.
- Striving to learn and improve one’s own teaching.
- Being a thought leader in the area of teaching and learning.
Note: As of 2021, certain features of the ROTA program have been revised, including the timeline for submission, selection criteria, etc. Please refer to the UT System ROTA awards website for more information. For any outstanding questions, please email email@example.com.
- All final nomination packages shall be submitted electronically to the Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost via UT Box from the respective dean’s office.
- All required nomination documents must be received at the provost’s office by the respective deadline or the nomination may not be considered.
Nomination Materials Required
Please visit the UT System website for information on nomination material requirements. All nomination packets should be submitted electronically through your college or school contact to the Provost’s Office. Any questions regarding this award may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
One-time payment of $25,000 to individual faculty.
Please submit nominee information by Friday, March 10, 2023.Here
List of past recipients.View here
MAI 201, Mailcode G1000
Executive Vice President and Provost
110 Inner Campus Drive, G1000
Austin, Texas 78701