Child & Dependent Care options for Faculty
The university offers a range of child and dependent care programs for faculty.
Renowned child care services to university affiliates year round. Offers developmental early childhood program for children six weeks to five years of age.
The Child Development Center is open at all three of its campus locations. If you are interested in enrolling or have questions about the operation please contact email@example.com.
More information at https://childcenter.utexas.edu/
If your regular care is unavailable, you have access to Bright Horizons Back-Up Care™ to help support you and your family’s caregiving needs.
Bright Horizons will arrange high-quality care for you so you’ll have peace of mind, and your loved ones will get the care they need. Register in advance, and complete your care profile now (including required forms) so you’re prepared to reserve care when you need it.
For our latest guidelines on back-up care use after exposure to COVID-19, visit www.brighthorizons.com/covid19. If you are unable to secure appropriate back-up care, please contact us at (877) 242-2737 to discuss alternative care options.
How do I access LifeCare?
You can access LifeCare services 24 hours a day, seven days a week via a toll-free number 1-855-268-0969 (or 800-873-1322 for TTY/TDD service) and online at https://lcc30.lifecare.com/index.html#top
- Go to the “Not Registered Yet?” section and click “Start Now!”
- Enter the Registration Code UTAUSTIN and click “Continue”
- On the next page, fill out the necessary registration information. The Member ID is your UT Employee ID (UT EID)
- Click “Sign Up” to the complete the registration process
- Enter the screen name and password chosen during registration
Care Facility Locations
- First English Lutheran
- 3001 Whitis Ave, Austin, TX 78705
- Upbring School of Arts & Sciences – Central Austin Campus
- 3407 Red River St, Austin, TX 78705
Description of Care
- Part-time child care for school aged children attending kindergarten through 5th grade in 2020-21
- Monday-Wednesday-Friday (MWF) or Tuesday-Thursday (TTH) schedules are available.
- Each class will share a classroom with the same children in their selected schedule (i.e., in MWF and in TTH per facility’s classroom). Children will not be exposed to caregivers or other children outside of their MWF or TTH group.
- Each classroom will have a maximum capacity of 10 children with one teacher.
- Children will be provided snack. Parents are responsible for sending lunch.
- Wifi will be available. Children must bring fully charged tablets, laptops and headphones as needed.
- This program is expected to continue through Thanksgiving depending on the continued need for school aged child care.
- Program hours are 7:30am-4:30pm
- Masks will be worn by teacher and children at all times
- Facility will outline the Covid-related safety protocol and precautions that they have followed in the enrollment packet.
Cost is $50 per day
Families will be enrolled on a first-come, first-served basis. To enroll please email the relevant facility’s enrollment coordinator (see below) for an enrollment packet and to receive specific information about that facility’s offering.
Care Facility & Enrollment Coordinator Email
- First English Lutheran
- Upbring School of Arts & Sciences
Parents should complete the relevant enrollment packet forms and submit them to the school via email.
Once the paperwork is verified parents will receive sign-up instructions.
If you might need part-time childcare for your middle-schooler(s) or high schooler(s) in the fall, 2020 then Stepping Stones is offering care at locations across Austin. (Please see the Stepping Stones website and a description of their care here). Note that we are not endorsing Stepping Stones above others but simply sharing this information as an example in case that is helpful to some respondents.
Texas Career Engagement also offered the following list of external child and dependent care selection resources that might help connect parents with caregiving applicants:
Note: we are not in a position to officially endorse these sites and are instead sharing these opportunities in case they might be useful.