Pharmacy Dean Announcement

Dear UT Community,

I am excited to announce that Samuel M. Poloyac will serve as the next dean of the College of Pharmacy, effective October 15, 2020.

Dean-designate Poloyac comes to UT from the University of Pittsburgh, where he currently serves as the associate dean for graduate and postdoctoral programs in the School of Pharmacy. He holds several leadership and research roles there, including director of the Center for Clinical Pharmaceutical Sciences, director of the Small Molecule Biomarker Core Laboratory and an appointment to the Clinical and Translational Science Institute.

His research contributions are in the field of critical care pharmacology, and his specific research focuses on determining the role of drug metabolizing enzymes on fatty acid bioactivation and drug disposition in the pathogenesis of disease in critically ill patients.

I will work closely with Dr. Poloyac as he transitions into his new role, and I have great confidence in a successful transition due to the strength and support of the College of Pharmacy community. The college is highly regarded as one of the top programs of its kind in the nation and well positioned for success going forward. This is due in large part to the sustained and steady leadership of Dean Lynn Crismon. He has distinguished himself as a visionary and thoughtful leader and a consistent advocate for his students, faculty and staff. Dean Crismon will support Dr. Poloyac throughout the transition and will return as a faculty member in the college. Please join me in thanking him for his dedication to excellence during his tenure as dean.

I am confident we have selected a fantastic leader and colleague in Dean-designate Poloyac. This marks an exciting new chapter for the college as we work together to build upon the success of the students, faculty and staff. Together, the college will continue to build upon this success, and I look forward to working with new leadership to pursue this vision.

Please join me in welcoming Dr. Poloyac to the College of Pharmacy and the UT Austin community.

Sincerely,

Daniel Jaffe

date
Type
Messages from the Provost
Tags