Professional Licensure Disclosures

UT Austin academic programs are designed to prepare students to apply for applicable licensure or certification in Texas and may not meet education requirements for a license or certification in another state. UT Austin makes every effort to ensure information about educational requirements for licensure or certification information is current; however, licensure regulations are frequently revised.

If you are planning to pursue professional licensure or certification in a state other than Texas, we strongly recommend that you contact the appropriate licensing entity in that state to seek the most up-to-date information and guidance regarding state licensure or certification requirements before beginning an academic program. Separate from educational requirements, state licensure boards may require applicants to complete professional examinations, background checks, years of professional experience, jurisprudence exams, etc.

If you are considering a clinical or field experience in a state outside of Texas, state professional licensing board approval prior to beginning a clinical or field experience may be required in that state. Check with your program’s internship or clinical coordinator with questions about state professional licensing board requirements prior to beginning an internship or field experience in another state.

For licensing board contact information, program approval status, and program contact information, please see below.

Have questions about professional licensure requirements in your field? Reach out to the program point of contact listed below.

CSU Academic Programs Program Contacts
Architecture Master of Architecture Kory Bieg
Bachelor of Architecture Kory Bieg
Master of Landscape Architecture Hope Hasbrouck
Bachelor of Science in Interior Design Igor Siddiqui
Master of Interior Design Igor Siddiqui
Business Master of Professional Accounting Jason Tasset
Communication MS Speech, Language and Hearing Sciences (MSSLHS) Rajinder Koul
Doctor of Audiology- Au.D. Rajinder Koul
Dell Medical MD Program Briana Huntsberger
Education Early Childhood (EC)-6 ESL Shannon Hewgley
Early Childhood (EC)-6 Bilingual Shannon Hewgley
Early Childhood (EC)-12 Special Education Shannon Hewgley
Early Childhood (EC)-12 Physical Education Teacher Education Shannon Hewgley
7-12 Urban Teaching Social Studies Shannon Hewgley
7-12 Urban Teach English Language Arts Shannon Hewgley
School Counselor Michael Parent
Principal Andrea Kehoe
Superintendent Andrea Kehoe
Athletic Training Brian Farr
Fine Arts UTeach-Fine Arts-All level music, Theatre, Visual arts, and Secondary dance Roxanne Schroeder-Acre
Information School Librarian Certificate Program Barbara Jansen
Law Juris Doctor (JD) Eden Harrington
Liberal Arts Clinical Psychology  Catherine Panzarella
UTeach-Liberal Arts  Carlos Eric Bowles
Natural Sciences Coordinated Program in Dietetics Monica Meadows
UTeach- Natural Sciences-Secondary science, Math, Computer science Michael Marder
Nursing Bachelor of Nursing Vinh Nguyen
Masters of Nursing Vinh Nguyen
Pharmacy Pharm. D. Renee’ Acosta
Social Work Bachelor of Social Work Marian Mahaffey
Master of Science in Social Work Marian Mahaffey

Student location determination
A student’s location is determined by the current address information listed in the student record (note, student location is determined by a student’s current address in the student record, not the permanent address).

How to make changes to student location:
Students may notify UT Austin of a change in their location by changing their student record current address information. Students may change their current address information by:

  • Making an online Address Change
  • Sending a letter- indicating that the change is to your local address, your permanent address or both—that includes your name, signature and EID or date of birth, to:

University of Texas at Austin
Office of the Registrar: Records
P.O. Box 7216
Austin TX 78713-7216

  • Faxing the letter described above to 512-475-7515, or
  • Visiting Texas One Stop on the ground floor of the Main Building in person. You need to show your photo ID.

For more information on student record information, please visit Texas One Stop.