May 30, 2018
Logan Pearce, a UT Austin senior majoring in astronomy and physics, has been selected by the Astronaut Scholarship Foundation to join an elite group of Astronaut Scholars for the 2018-19 academic school year.
The Astronaut Scholarship is a national award that is given to outstanding students in the fields of engineering, mathematics, and natural or applied sciences who demonstrate exemplary academic performance, ingenuity, and unique aptitude for research.
“It is my great pleasure to congratulate Logan on her selection as an Astronaut Scholar,” said Maurie McInnis, executive vice president and provost. “Logan is an amazing student and the scholarship is a well-deserved recognition.”
As a part of this honor Logan will receive:
- Up to $10,000 award
- Expense paid trip to Washington, D.C. for the Innovators Gala featuring the Neil Armstrong Award of Excellence
- Mentoring by a scholar alumni, C-suite executive, or astronaut
- Opportunity to participate in the Professional Development Program sponsored by RBC
- Opportunity to participate in multiple foundation events
- Membership in the Astronaut Scholar Honor Society
Astronaut Scholarships are awarded to students in their junior or senior year of college who intend to pursue research or advance their field upon completion of their final degree. This year the Astronaut Scholarship Foundation awarded 50 scholarships to students from 36 different universities across the nation.
Readers can go here to learn more about the Astronaut Scholarship Foundation and how to apply.