Call for Applications – Seed Grants for Actions that promote Community Transformation (ACT)
Advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) at The University of Texas at Austin is an important and critical goal. The initiative – Actions that promote Community Transformation (ACT) – aims to support and enable members of our campus community to lead projects that promote diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI). We understand that faculty and staff are essential to this type of meaningful transformation and that it all starts with you.
Turn your ideas into action! Last year, the inaugural ACT program was highly successful. We awarded 52 seed grants for ACT to staff and faculty in the amount of $232,400, thanks to the contributions of several partners across campus.
In Fall 2021, the Vice Provost for Diversity Office will support seed grants ($3-5K) for ACT to support faculty and/or staff-led projects that aim to promote increased DEI within their local environments at the University. The following is an outline of project requirements/parameters:
- Projects may be proposed by individuals or teams.
- Teams may involve students, but must be led by faculty or staff.
- Projects may include piloting new ideas, testing new initiatives, data collection on issues of interest, etc.
- Areas of interest may include, but are not limited to, graduate education, undergraduate education, departmental climate, faculty hiring practices, staff/faculty promotion and retention practices, faculty development, mentoring practices, and student recruitment practices.
Applications are open and will be accepted on a rolling basis starting Tuesday, June 1, 2021. You can Apply Here.
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis starting: Tuesday, June 1, 2021 (Applications close: July 16.)
- Funded initiatives announced: by Monday, August 16, 2021
- Monthly sharing of ideas (informal). First meeting: Thursday, Sept. 16, 2021
- Report on project advances (1 page): March 21, 2022
- Final report and poster with project results due by August 1, 2022
- Funds should be used by August 31, 2022
For questions, please contact Dr. Lydia Contreras at email@example.com.
Applications are open and will be accepted on a rolling basis. Applications close on July 16, 2021Apply Today