Funding for Small Academic Renovation Projects (80/20 Program)
Requests to Renovate Academic Space
The Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost manages a yearly program to provide funding for academic space renovation projects with a total project cost (TPC) between $300K and $3M. The Provost’s Office will provide funding support for up to 80% of the TPC with the College or School funding the remaining 20%. If the project is completed under the budgeted TPC, funds will be returned to the department, up to their 20% contribution. All projects submitted must be endorsed by the CSU’s respective Dean.
Requests should be submitted by the last of day March to be considered for funding. Funding will be provided by the Provost’s Office in the Fall following the submission cycle to procure projects in the year following the submission cycle.
- Project submitted March 2021
- Project funded August-December of 2021
- Project construction 2022
STEP 1: Submit the project information using the form at the link on this page and include the following information:
- Project scope and location, including building and room numbers
- Anticipated project cost
- How the project will advance the mission of the college/school/department
STEP 2: Submitted projects will be reviewed by the Provost’s Office
The request will be reviewed with the following considerations:
- Academic impact, which include student learning experience and faculty recruitment or retention initiatives.
- Impact on overall campus space utilization and efficiency.
STEP 3: Project approval. Please allow 6-8 weeks from the submission deadline for review and approval.
If the project is approved, the Provost’s Office Academic Space Planning & Management team (ASPM) will be the primary point-of-contact for PMCS and will coordinate with the college or school. For questions please contact ASPM at the email address noted on this page.
Submit a request for an academic space renovation.Fill out the form