Dear UT Community,
It’s hard to believe we are just a few weeks away from the end of the Fall Term! It has been a tremendous academic year thus far, and I want to thank all of you for the outstanding effort and hard work that we’ve seen in classrooms, research labs, libraries and study spaces across our campus. Each of you has contributed to the renewed excitement of a fully in-person fall.
Part of our planning for a successful return to campus included important changes to the academic calendar. In August, I shared several reminders and updates with faculty, staff, and students. Today, I am sharing additional reminders about the key remaining changes and dates for this fall and the coming spring:
- Fall break is now a full week. No classes will be held during the week of Thanksgiving, November 21–26.
- Registration for spring 2023 courses kicked off on October 31 for continuing and readmitted students. Registration will remain open until November 11. Please be sure to check your registration information sheet for your access time.
- Fall Term final exams for undergraduate students will be held December 8–10 and December 12. For more information, including what you should do if you have more than one exam scheduled for the same time, please visit the final exam information website.
- Please be aware that the first day of spring classes will be Monday, January 9. Because this is earlier than in past years, I urge you to keep this date in mind as you make plans for the Spring Term.
- Spring Term final exams for undergraduate students will be held April 27–29 and May 1.
- Commencement for all students will be held earlier than in years past. In spring 2023, University-wide Commencement will be held Saturday, May 6.
Important Notes for Faculty and Staff
- Although no classes will be held during the week of Thanksgiving, the university holiday schedule remains unchanged, with Thanksgiving and the day after Thanksgiving being official holidays. Please visit the Human Resources website for more information on university holidays.
- With Fall Term final exams scheduled for December 8–10 and December 12, please reach out to your respective exam schedulers or department chairs, or email the Office of the Registrar, if you need assistance or have any questions about final exam scheduling.
- All grades must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, December 15. Please also note that fall 2022 degree conferral is December 22.
As a reminder, academic calendars for the next four years are posted and can be found on the Registrar’s website. Please be sure to familiarize yourself with these calendars so you can plan future terms accordingly.
You can learn more about the academic calendar changes on the Provost Office website. As always, if you have any questions about the calendar, please contact email@example.com.
I hope you have the chance to enjoy some valuable time with family and friends during the coming fall break.
Thank you, once again, for all your efforts and important contributions to this successful Fall Term.
Sharon L. Wood
Executive Vice President and Provost