Future of UT Libraries Task Force Report

Dear UT community,

Last year, I convened a campus-wide task force to help us develop a shared vision for UT Libraries. The Task Force on the Future of UT Libraries recently shared their final report and recommendations with me, and I’m writing to share them with you.

First, I’d like to acknowledge the contributions and work of the task force members. I am deeply appreciative of their collective efforts reflected here.

Second, the report includes a number of recommendations, and chief among them was the need for additional budgetary support for UT Libraries. I am pleased to announce that the University Budget Council recently voted to add $2.7 million in recurring funding to the UT Libraries budget. This infusion of new funding will help to address some of the inflationary costs and key areas of need.

The task force co-chairs will share the report with Faculty Council during their next meeting on November 11. This will be the beginning of the broader conversation regarding the recommendations in the task force report.

Strong libraries are essential to support the research and teaching mission of research universities. The work of this task force reflects the need for ongoing dialogue with members of the campus community, and I appreciate everyone who has contributed to these conversations.

Sincerely,

MAURIE MCINNIS | Executive Vice President and Provost

date
Type
Messages from the Provost
Tags