Enhanced Service for Students
In February 2019, construction began on the new Texas One Stop for Enrollment Services, where students will be able to easily access the information and services they need to support their enrollment and timely graduation.
There are over 200,000 student enrollment inquiries and transactions annually. As part of the university’s commitment to student success and upward mobility, we are removing the barriers of navigating multiple offices located across campus, which is often overwhelming to students, and making it easier to access enrollment services in one central location.
Texas One Stop will maximize service, minimize wait time and referrals, and support continued undergraduate, graduate, and professional student enrollment, while maintaining our high standards for compliance and the integrity of student records.
Campus Collaboration to Support Student Success
UT Austin’s One Stop for Enrollment Services represents a significant collaboration among every unit across the Office of Enrollment Management, Student Accounts Receivable and Bursar (cashier) Services, and key campus stakeholders including the Division of Student Affairs, the Graduate School, the International Office, and the academic advising community. Faculty and students have also made major contributions as partners throughout the development and design process. This collaborative planning has laid essential groundwork to enhance our delivery of enrollment services to students.
Texas One Stop Features
- Central location on campus - renovations are currently underway on the ground floor of UT Austin's Main Building to house the Texas One Stop.
- Upgraded technology - including integrated software to track and manage interactions, a professionally designed website with an interactive knowledge base, and a modern queuing software system to manage and communicate with students regarding wait times and services.
- Professional staff who are cross trained in registration and records, student accounts, and financial aid. The staff will answer routine questions and provide enrollment related services, while case managers support their work and handle more complex cases.
- The nearly 6,200 square feet of interior space is designed to be welcoming and to support a smooth process for students. The displays and finishings will be inviting and foster a sense of belonging and community.
- The Texas One Stop is expected to open after the start of the spring 2020 semester.