Departmental Diversity Comparison – Race/Ethnicity
Diversity comparison between departments fall 2011 – fall 2020
The following dashboard provides race and ethnicity data across the university’s departments from 2011–2020. Please see details below for race and ethnicity data criteria.
*This dashboard was created by the Provost’s Office.
**Data for this visualization are from the university’s fall semester reporting snapshots.
Race & Ethnicity data criteria
Starting in 2010-2011, universities were required to collect race/ethnicity data using a two-part question format:
- Whether the respondent is Hispanic/Latinx
- Whether the respondent is from one or more races using five racial groups
The following categories are used in this dashboard:
- Hispanic/Latinx: people who selected Hispanic/Latinx in the first question;
- White alone Non Hispanic/Latinx: people who did not select Hispanic/Latinx in the first question but selected White;
- White: people who selected White;
- Asian: people who selected Asian;
- Black or African American: people who selected Black or African American;
- Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander: people who selected Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander;
- 2 or more Races: people who selected more than two races in the second question;
- Unknown or Blank: people who did not select any options